Monday 5 August 2013


IKPS


Incurable
 

My one failing in this hobby of mine, is suffering from the incurable disease, IKPS. I have suffered from this for years. In fact, right from the start, at about 8 years old, I could feel the urge to want to get hold of more gear. It still manifests itself from time to time, and I have no option but to give in to it and end up having to make room in the bag for another piece of equipment.
 

Sadly, this week has seen me once again, succumb to the disease, and the flexible friend takes another beating. Maybe, it’s me, not really helping myself, by having Amazon UK as my home page as soon as I launch the browser. I suppose temptation would be farther away if I just plumped for a basic home page, or even a blank page. But, nah! Sod it. The uncontrollable urge to search out another item to add to the kit would have me biting at my nails.
 

Well, the parcel arrived, wrapped in a particularly non-descript brown paper, with, just a small notification in the top left hand corner as to it’s origins. Cowboy Studios, across the puddle, in the U S of A. Tearing at the brown paper, and frantically pulling the enclosed box open, I find another box. I ignore the rules of pass the parcel, and continue myself. Ripping the selotape open and getting inside this box, to find a lump of bubblewrap. This is hastily opened and out pops my new acquisition.
 

I am now the proud owner of a 4 way slide rail. Macro photography just got a whole lot different. Plans are now needed for a bit of practice, so, sometime over the next few days, the indoor studio will appear and, no doubt, loads of photos will be taken.
 
 
 
Watch this space for the results.
 

Back soon.
 

Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment